Langdon Cheves began his legal career clerking for the Honorable Henry F. Floyd during one of Judge Floyd’s last years on the State Court bench before his ascension up the Federal Court ranks. During this year, despite experiencing two high-profile death penalty cases, Langdon felt the best lawyers he witnessed in the courtroom were the insurance litigation lawyers, and he knew he wanted to follow suit. As a result, Langdon has always been a civil defense attorney and has represented carriers in all aspects of liability work. He still enjoys the adrenaline of trial work but recognizes the satisfaction of obtaining a great settlement for his clients, as well.
Langdon is a life-long resident of Greenville, S.C., and has enjoyed its growth into one of the most dynamic cities in the Southeast. When not working, he enjoys golf, reading and spending time with his family.
- Served as counsel on over 30 cases tried to verdicts involving large and small accidents
- Obtained defense verdicts in three separate matters where liability for the accident was admitted
- Obtained summary judgment in Federal Court action involving allegations of fraud and negligence against an automobile carrier
- Has composed countless opinion letters for various insurance carrier clients and served as counsel for declaratory judgment actions which followed
- Successfully tried several premises liability claims, including cases involving slip and falls, trip and falls, false imprisonment and assault/battery
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a sports arena after a sports radio host alleged defamation arising out of his termination subsequent to an incident involving arena staff
- Obtained summary judgment in Federal Court for large national glass manufacturer after a plant employee suffered a catastrophic injury.
View all Attorneys