Taylor prosecutes business fraud cases, having represented small businesses seeking private equity and large businesses targeted for their size. Taylor takes pride in unwinding deals entered or performed under false pretenses. Taylor also prosecutes unlawful competition cases, having represented aviation businesses that rely on proprietary engineering for government licenses.
In federal court Taylor has defended employers from harassment, retaliation, discrimination and wage and hour claims and other businesses alleged to have violated consumer protection and handicap accessibility laws. In state court Taylor has defended companies and their directors in minority oppression and derivative actions.
Taylor also has a vibrant immigration practice, having represented applicants in immigrant and nonimmigrant visas in categories including: investors (E), skilled workers (H1-B), intra-company transfers (L), clergymen (R), witness protection (U), and their accompanying family members.
Taylor is an avid music lover. He has performed professionally and to support charities throughout the southeast. Taylor currently serves impoverished families in South Carolina as a member of the Advisory Board of the Harvest Hope Food Bank.
- Reversed trial court’s interlocutory order denying discovery in fraud case.
- Defense verdict in a jury trial for national debt collector alleged to have violated consumer protection laws.
- Defense verdict in a jury trial for insured in negligence case.
- Defense verdict in a bench trial for landlord sued by tenant.
- Seven-figure settlement for international pharmaceutical supplier in lien foreclosure suit.
- Five-figure settlement for nonprofit corporation against former director that stole the client’s USDA contracts.
- Five-figure settlement from bank that negligently mishandled client’s construction loan.
- Five-figure settlement from physical therapy group on behalf of former owner.
- Examined defendants’ hard drives for spoliation in fraud case and defended ESI requests.
- Nominal settlement for industrial marine company sued for race discrimination after exposing plaintiff.
- Dismissal of shareholder’s derivative action after moving to intervene.
- Prevented collection against two guarantors of nearly $3 million in commercial loans.
- Settlement for employee leasing company sued by DOL for allegedly violating immigrant labor laws.
- Forced USCIS to adjudicate visa by filing mandamus action against the U.S. Attorney General.
- Dismissal of removal proceedings by securing U-visa for client.
View all Attorneys