Governmental oversight and regulation of business entities in South Carolina create complex challenges for our business clients. Turner Padget’s Administrative and Regulatory Group’s broad base of legal experience allows us to handle almost any administrative or regulatory matter before federal and state agencies. From licensing disputes to proceedings before Administrative Law Judges, Turner Padget provides exceptional advocacy for business interests in South Carolina.
We routinely assist clients with the legal issues that arise in business and land-use planning. We are also involved in business licensing and permitting matters, regularly representing clients whose business or professional licenses are subjected to agency review, disciplinary action, or revocation. One of our attorneys is an experienced lobbyist, representing clients’ interests in the South Carolina General Assembly, and many of our attorneys advise companies and trade organizations on the latest regulatory developments, assisting them with compliance strategies.
- Since 1975, we have served as General Counsel for the South Carolina Reinsurance Facility, the state’s automobile residual market mechanism. We provide legal representation for all rate and form filings, agency appointments or dismissals and implementation of law changes.
- Serve as South Carolina Legislative Counsel for the American Insurance Association responsible for representing insurer interests in legislation.
- Represent real estate agents and brokers, builders, accountants, nurses, dentists, building inspectors, and therapists in disciplinary/licensing proceedings before the South Carolina Labor Licensing Regulation (LLR) Board.
- Represent landowners on land-use and environmental issues with local, state, and federal agencies, including the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Since 1975, we have served as General Counsel for the South Carolina Reinsurance Facility, the state’s automobile residual market mechanism. We provide representation for claims disputes and the defense of internal administrative appeals.
- Represent insurers in administrative matters before the South Carolina Department of Insurance, including administrative sanctions involving insurers and/or agents, unfair insurance trade practice claims, and claims involving the administration of rehabilitations and liquidations.