Business Entity Planning
Our attorneys are experienced in helping clients select the appropriate business entity, organizational and management structure for meeting each client's specific needs. We regularly assist our clients in the formation of partnerships, S corporations, C corporations, and limited liability companies. Beyond mere entity formation, our lawyers also have extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, equity and debt financing, private securities offerings, and contractual negotiations of all types. Typical contractual arrangements we consider and employ in our business entity planning practice include buy-sell agreements, and management and employment contracts and benefits.
Attorneys on the Turner Padget business team have experience that goes beyond just our many years of practice. Several of our attorneys have advanced degrees in taxation and some are certified specialists through the Supreme Court of South Carolina in both estate planning/probate law and taxation. We pride ourselves in the depth and breadth of knowledge and transactional experience of our group’s attorneys. Part of this knowledge comes from staying on top of legislative and industry developments. This knowledge and expertise facilitates our use of sophisticated solutions to meet our clients’ objectives in the entity planning stages of their business.
- Representation of start-up and existing businesses in choice of entity and S election matters.
- Creation of business entity succession plans.
- Structuring numerous plans for corporate recapitalizations and preparation of comprehensive management and buy-sell agreements in connection with such plans.
- Represented numerous clients in designing and making stock and securities offerings that are exempt from securities registration requirements pursuant to state and federal safe harbor exemptions.
- Serve as corporate counsel for clients in regard to contractual matters pertaining to the operation of corporate business and in regard to organizational and Board of Directors’ matters.
Clients of our Business Entity Planning Group range from family limited partnerships to large manufacturing organizations. Regardless of the type of business, we assist our clients in developing creative solutions to their complex tax and business needs.