Premises liability claims encompass a wide variety of allegations. Turner Padget’s Premises Liability Group can handle all types of premises liability cases for individuals, businesses, homeowners, insurance carriers, and commercial insurance carriers.
Our practice group has represented restaurants, retail chains, grocery stores, hotels, nightclubs, homeowners, and a variety of other businesses. Our attorneys are experienced in defending claims for false arrest, slip-and-fall injuries, food poisoning, defective walkways and doors, animal attacks, assaults/inadequate security and drowning cases. Because our offices are located in all regions of South Carolina, Turner Padget attorneys can efficiently handle these types of claims in any venue in the state.
- Successfully won and affirmed summary judgment on wrongful death claims against residential rehabilitation juvenile facility employees. These employees were charged for the death of a volunteer worker who was killed by juveniles on work furlough. We were also able to achieve the dismissal of civil rights claims against the facility based upon the “deliberate indifference” standard.
- Successfully tried to defense verdict on behalf of a neighborhood association, and affirmed on appeal, the bodily injury claim of a guest of homeowner injured in a diving incident at a neighborhood swimming pool.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial in Federal Court for a convenience store chain in a suit where the plaintiff sought $250,000 in damages when a gasoline hose detached from the pump and injured the plaintiff’s shoulder.
- Obtained summary judgment for a national retailer in a lawsuit over the abduction and murder of a customer from a store parking lot.
- Obtained a directed verdict at trial in a suit against a golf course for injuries received from a fire in the course’s cart shed.
- Successfully settled a lawsuit against a video poker operator arising out of the death of a 10 month old child left in a vehicle in the client’s parking lot.
- Represent numerous regional grocery store chains in premises liability suits.
- Community Associations
- Grocery Store Chains
- Retail stores