In our role as counsel for numerous insurance carriers, Turner Padget has developed a team of lawyers with significant experience in litigating personal injury cases. The firm’s attorney development program emphasizes trial experience early in each lawyer’s career. As a result, many of the firm’s shareholders have each tried in excess of one hundred jury trials over the course of their legal career.
Our attorneys routinely handle personal injury cases through pre-suit investigation and negotiation, discovery, mediation, arbitration, trial, and appeal. While the vast majority of these matters involve defending personal injury claims, Turner Padget does represent select clients in the prosecution of these cases. The firm offers a variety of fee arrangements on personal injury cases, including alternate or fixed fee structures.
- Tried a large variety of automobile accident cases to verdict, including large and small accidents and trucking cases in both South and North Carolina.
- In an automobile accident case, Turner Padget attorneys used experts to establish that the plaintiff, although not legally intoxicated, caused the accident because he could not perform the tasks necessary to safely operate a motorcycle. After a weeklong trial, the jury found the plaintiff 70% at fault and returned a defense verdict on the loss of consortium claim. The appeal of the jury verdict resulted in an affirmation of the original verdict in a published opinion of the Supreme Court of South Carolina.
- Tried to a defense verdict a federal railroad litigation case involving the alleged wrongful death of a grandmother in a crossing accident.
- Defended a chemical company in more than 100 cases for mass tort injuries allegedly sustained in a railcar leak during shipment of the company’s ammoniated fertilizer solution.
- Negotiated settlements of multiple dram shop death claims arising out of an automobile accident involving the serving of alcoholic beverages to the at-fault driver.
•Self Insured Corporations