Turner Padget has in-depth experience in serving professionals with critical issues, including litigation, that not only affect their careers, but also their livelihoods and their professional reputations. For more than seven decades, our professional liability attorneys have worked with the following type clients, among other professionals:
- Directors and Officers
- Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Medical Professionals/Medical Malpractice
We serve these professionals inside and outside the courtroom doors, providing counsel with legal advice and direction to avoid professional claims and, when claims arise, navigating the litigious business environment to aggressively defend them in the courtroom.
Members of the Professional Liability team routinely operate in both federal and state courts throughout the entire state. Our understanding and experience in these venues provides invaluable insight into the strengths and weaknesses of each case. Turner Padget prides itself in providing exceptional legal services in the most efficient manner. Our litigators understand the dynamics that arise when another professional undergoes the ordeal of litigation as well as its potential impact on their careers. Turner Padget maintains a highly experienced and qualified staff ready to defend whatever litigation may arise.
- Successfully defended an optometrist in a lawsuit involving a novel medical issue concerning the diagnosis and treatment of proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- Received a defense verdict in favor of a national rehabilitation hospital in a two-week trial involving the care, treatment and management of diabetes.
- Defense of a law firm involving issues of federal banking regulations and loss of business opportunity.
- Representing a law firm against allegations of negligent handling of anti-trust litigation and abandonment.
- Favorable settlement for an accounting firm in a suit involving forensics accounting services.
- Defending a lawyer against a claim that a will he prepared and witnessed execution of contained a forged signature of the testator.
- Obtained summary judgment based on a statute of limitations defense in a case against a lawyer alleging improper distribution of settlement proceeds.
- Obtained favorable settlement (during first day of trial) of claim against a law firm involving allegations of negligent preparation of a will.
- Obtained a directed verdict in favor of a real estate agent in lawsuit alleging negligent misrepresentation, breach of contract and fraud.
- Obtained summary judgment based upon lack of personal jurisdiction on behalf of an out of state law firm accused of conspiring with a client to hide assets from claims of creditors.